© 2013-2017 American-Islam.org. All rights reserved
BECOME A PEACE MAKER!
For guests who are looking for in-depth engagement with Islam and the Muslim community, the Pursuit of Peace sessions are just for you.
Some of the elements of Islam discussed include:
• Articles of Faith
• Pillars of Islam
• Islam and Culture
• and much more
• Join us for these free sessions!
• Offered every Saturday from 10am-1:00pm
Open to the public Virtual connection to the sessions are available. Contact us for details.
Look forward to seeing you there!
• Sponsoring educational and inspirational lectures
• Inviting leaders of all faiths to promote dialogue and conduct seminars and workshops
• Providing seminars and resources to educational institutions
• Educational Film & Focus Series
• Providing speakers to schools, churches, community leaders, etc.
• Organizing Open House Tours to the Center for Peace for presentations and displays on Islamic contributions
• Building relations with people of other faiths
• Educating service oriented professionals on diversity and cultural issues
• Uniting diverse communities through learning seminars and workshops
• Celebrating diversity through recognition of African & Hispanic American Heritage, Women's Rights, Minority Rights in Society, etc.
We look forward to seeing you soon
Visitors as part of the Mosque tours
Center for Peace
1021 N. Goldenrod Rd. Second Floor
Orlando, FL 32807
If interested in setting up your own Center for Peace chapter regardless of your faith background, contact us to find out how.
DOWNLOAD OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader (Mac or PC) or Preview App (Mac)
THE PEACE INSTITUTE
The Peace Institute is the dedicated outreach initiative of American Islam that educates and informs about the diversity in our communities.
The objective of the Peace Institute is to facilitate and coordinate outreach efforts throughout the country by promoting understanding and acceptance among people of all faiths and all ethnicities.
With that objective in mind, a platform for education and understanding has been developed through the establishment of the Center of Peace. As a state of the art exhibit and through a series of different events and programs, the Center for Peace continues to bring people for dialogue and peace by providing accurate information about diverse topics, developing a platform for critical thinking and promoting community engagement through service.
The Center for Peace was initially founded to respond to the need for accurate information about Islam and Muslims after the tragedies of September 11, 2001, but also works to promote understanding and acceptance amongst people of various faiths and backgrounds.
"O Humankind! We created your from a single soul, male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware" (Holy Qur'an Chapter 49: Verse 13)
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
JOIN US AT THE OPEN HOUSE INVITATIONALS
“Very informative. Allowed me to clear up stereotypes that I had about Muslims and the Islamic Religion.”
-Military Counselor from Patrick Air Force Base
You’re invited to learn the basic elements of Islam and Muslims in a friendly environment. Let us build bridges of understanding together.
The FREE Monthly open house Invitationals include::
• Tour of the Mosque
• A presentation about Islam and Muslims
• A delicious International Dinner
• Q & A period
Open House Guests
SPEAKERS BUREAU: The Center for Peace offers interested groups and organizations an option to invite speakers to their meetings or conferences for dialogue and discussion.
UNITED WE STAND FOR PEACE INITIATIVE: Be part of the community wide collaboration initiative to bring peace and respect to our communities. It includes social focus activities, a peace conference and a 5K Peace Run.
RESEARCH CENTER AND LIBRARY: The Center for Peace library collection contains unique academic resources that help visitors engage with diverse topics from a perspective of accurate information and critical thinking.
Become a Member