Imam Muhammad Musri
Senior Imam, President and Chairman of the Board of the Islamic Society of Central Florida
Imam Muhammad Musri serves as the Senior Imam, President and Chairman of the Board of the Islamic Society of Central Florida (ISCF) since 1993. ISCF is a Muslim community organization which operates 10 mosques in Central Florida.
He is the President and chairman of the Board of Leaders Preparatory School. A full-time Accredited school, (grades K-12th), and the Horizons childcare & Learning Center.
He is the President of the Muslim Social Services, offering free healthcare clinic for the poor and uninsured, job placement services, food pantries distributing free food to needy families, and Zakat assistance.
He is the President of the Peace Institute, which establishes Centers for Peace to conduct outreach programs and services, and which partners with various religious, government, civic, academic and business organizations to promote Peace, Justice and Respect among all people.
Imam Musri is an advisor on Islam and Muslims to various agencies of the U.S. government. Imam Musri was successful in stopping the “Florida Pastor” from “Burning the Qur’an” in 2010.
He is a member of the Florida Faith-Based and Community-Based Advisory Council since 2005, served under Governors Jeb Bush, Charlie Christ and Rick Scott.
In 2009, he was appointed by Governor Charlie Christ to the Governor’s Complete Count Committee for the 2010 Census for the State of Florida.
Imam Musri is also active in interfaith work and public service. He is a member and past co-chairman of the Interfaith Council of Central Florida’s Advisory Board.
He is a member of the Council of Clergy for Orlando’s Mayor Buddy Dyer.
He is a member of the Advisory Council of the Peace & Justice Initiative at Valencia College.
He is a member of the Interfaith Advisory Council for the Orange County Public Schools.
Imam Musri is a national speaker on various topics about Islam, religious diversity, interfaith work, and the history and culture of the Middle East at universities, colleges and other forums.
Imam Musri is routinely interviewed, representing American Muslims, by national and international Radio and TV channels. And he has been the subject of many articles in newspapers and magazines in print and online nationally and around the world. He produced a weekly television program titled, ‘ISLAM’, on Brighthouse Networks Cable since 2006. And, he is a co-host of “The Three Wise Guys” weekly radio program on WMFE 90.7 FM, the NPR affiliate public radio station.
Professor Bassem Chaaban
Executive Director for American Islam
Bassem Chaaban is the Director of the Peace Institute and Executive Director for American Islam. He has been actively involved in lecturing and presenting the elements of Islam, helping dispel the stereotypes and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims. He has spoken at different Universities, Colleges, public schools, churches and civic organizations throughout the State of Florida and is professor of World Religions at the Humanities department of Seminole State College. He is the chairman of the City of Orlando Human Rights Chapter 57 Review Board that deals with Human and Civil Rights cases in the community.
In addition, he is a former national advisor for Nacel Open Door, a non-profit organization dedicated to international student exchange that deals with building bridges of understanding between cultures. He holds a Bachelors degree in Economics and another in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida. He has a Masters Degree in Public Administration with a certificate in the non-profit sector.
Imam Basheer Bilaal
Born & raised in Brooklyn, New York.
Coming from a long line of Imams and scholars, like his father Imam Davoud, he too Graduated the University of Islamic Studies as an Imam and khatib from the Presidency of Religious Affairs in Turkey.
Although a young Imam, he has served in many communities in the US including The United American Muslim Association of New York, the Islamic Society of Central Delaware, and the Islamic Society of Central Florida. Currently working with the Islamic Society of Greater Lowell, serving the diverse Islamic community with its religious needs and helping the neighboring society with spiritual guidance.
The following is a sample of the many audiences that we have presented to:
- Patrick Air Force Base DEOMI school
- American Red Cross of Central Florida
- Center for Christian Women’s Spirituality
- Help Now of Osceola
- Lou Frey Institute
- Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- City of Orlando Emergency Management
- Presbyterian Church Peace with Justice
- Riverview High School
- Olympia High School
- Lake Brantley High School
- Bishop Moore High School
- Lyman High School
- Colonial High School
- Poinciana High School
- Edgewater High School
- Lake Mary High School
- Dr. Phillips High School
- Deland High School
- Lake Highland Elementary
- Hebrew Day School
- Lake Como Elementary
- Rollins College
- University of Central Florida
- Valencia Community College East Campus
- Valencia Community College West Campus
- Valencia Community College Osceola Campus
- Stetson University
- Seminole State College
- Lake Sumter Community College
- Brevard Community College
- Orange County Sheriffs Office
- Orlando Police Department
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- St. Richards Episcopal Church
- St. Luke Episcopal Church
- Episcopal Church in Ustis
- St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church
- Asbury Seminary
- Lake Wales Seminary
- Sand Lake Hospital
- United Methodist Church in Clermont
- First Unitarian Church of Deland
- Morrison United Methodist Church
- St. Mary Magdelan Catholic Church
- Presbyterian Church of Maitland
- First Unitarian Church of Orlando
- University Unitarian Universalist Society
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Marion County
- Reformed Theological Seminary
- St. Richards Episcopal
- Northland, A Church Distributed
- Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church
- First United Methodist Church of Oviedo
- Christ Church Unity
- Holocaust Memorial Resource Center
- New Covenant Anglican Church
- St. Cloud Orlando Regional Hospital
- University of the Nation
- Walt Disney
- Rotary Club of Winter Springs
- Rotary Club of Winter Park
- Hospice of the Comforter
- Beacon College
- Waterman Village Retirement Community
- St. Cloud Women’s Club
- Rotary Club of Lake Buena Vista
- Florida A & M
- Andrew College in Georgia
- Troy University
- Florida Tech
- Seventh-Day Church of Kissimmee
- St. Petersburgh College
- Florida Hospital
- Redeemer Lutheran Church
- Beacon Network
- Florida Technical College
- The Christ School